Sunday, January 14, 2018

Midwinter spring?

Almost a month without posting - what have I been doing?  Not huge amounts of knitting, that's for sure.

I have been doing a good deal of head-scratching related to the green waistcoat.  The trouble is that I am likely to be influenced by the last thing that has caught my eye.  In this case, there's a dose of Marie Wallin in the mix, specifically using a combination of multi-coloured peerie stripes and a block of a monochrome pattern.  Not that I have any of her designs, of course, but just the concept.


I felt that the swatch, rendered as a full garment would look a bit stripy from across a room, as the colours are so different.  I also think this version will look like conifer woodlands in their serried ranks.  There's a touch of Alice Starmore's Oregon here, although that is multi-coloured.


So - a walk in our local arboretum, and we find catkins fully out and waving in the January sun. A bit premature, I feel.


Geese grazing near the walled garden.


And Hamamelis , but curiously, no scent.

 

1 comment:

MaureenTakoma said...

I love the colors you've got going. Looking forward to seeing which way you decide to go.