Friday, June 10, 2016

Porridge

At last, a bit of knitting! 

First, the hats and mittens I made while on holiday.  These are being shipped out to South Dakota for primary aged pupils this winter.  I am still using up yarn I have had for some time.  The pink are a pairing of Jaeger Merino and Langora.  Lovely yarn and should be warm, but not in colours which appeal to me. 


The lime green are in Drops Nepal, an alpaca/ wool mix.  Lovely handle to this yarn, and a quick knit.


While in Cumbria, I spotted a pack of what was described as Rowan Scottish Tweed in a charity shop.  I just could not leave it there, although I do have some doubts.  There were no ball bands.  Scottish Tweed is a discontinued yarn, but Ravelry suggests that the balls were of a different shape to these.  The colourway is Porridge.


However, it knits up into an authentically rustic fabric.  I found this pattern in a magazine and am planning a shawl collar.  It's a while since I made something to wear myself.  I suppose it can always go to Knit for Peace if it does not work out.


2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Well done on your holiday knitting & lucky will be the recipients. Now, may I ask how you know the colour of the wool, if there were no bands? The cardi is looking nice. Take care.

knitski said...

You are amazing with all the items you knit for others cheviots! Great job on all your projects.