Sunday, January 22, 2006

January 22nd
Don't you just love Sunday afternoons - so much precious time ruined by lurking guilt - that essay still unwritten, those files unread. How many projects have been started, how many walks undertaken, just to avoid actually getting down to work when there seemed to be an option.
I've been planning a blog for some time: I'm a committed reader of knitblogs from both sides of the Atlantic. Now it comes to it, what have I to say? Especially as I've just cast on for a rather dull jumper for my husband in a fetching shade called taupe. This so I will have "something to knit on" as Elizabeth Zimmerman has it, in the late evenings when I'm not up to concentrating on that Kidsilk Haze scarf from Knitters. It's not sleep that knits up the ravel'd sleave of care, but knitting, at least for me.

No comments: